Australian Test cricketer David Warner has copped a 5750-dollar fine from Cricket Australia for his Twitter rant controversy. Warner had pleaded guilty to unbecoming behaviour after his expletive-laden criticism of senior News Ltd cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn for an article by Craddock exposing the sleazy nightlife and alleged corruption within the Indian Premier League ...
A senior official of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday placed the onus of catching bookies and others involved in the recent spot-fixing scam on the police. BCCI vice-president and chairman of the IPL Governing Council Rajiv Shukla, said that it was not BCCI's job to probe who are the bookies and which Bollywood personalities are involved. "It is the job of ...
Spanish Primera Liga football club, Real Sociedad have confirmed that coach Philippe Montanier will leave the club at the end of the current season. The side from the Basque city of San Sebastian issued a communique Tuesday in which they admit Montainier has turned down the club's offer of a new contract, reports Xinhua. According to the club, Montanier has "communicated to Real Sociedad the ...
Serbia-born Sredojevic Milutin has been confirmed as the new coach of Uganda's national football team. He signed a two-year contract Tuesday and will start his work with an away friendly game to Libya June 1, reports Xinhua. The Federation of Uganda Football Association, the country's football governing body, unveiled the coach at its headquarters in the capital here. The appointment follows ...
England coach Andy Flower has prohibited England's cricketers from public discussions about the Ashes until next month. The players will face disciplinary actions if they speak in interviews or write on Twitter about the two-test series against Australia, Sydney Morning Herald reports. Sources said that Flower wants the players to focus on New Zealand series and the ICC Champions Trophy ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
Good Morning (Ohayo) [DVD]
Yasujiro Ozu's "Good Morning" ("Ohayo") is a quirky comedy of manners that is filled with fart jokes and comical misunderstandings and viewed mostly through the eyes of two young children who impose a vow of silence on themselves when their parents refuse to submit to the ultimate consumer enterprise of purchasing a television. Set in modern (late '50s) suburban Tokyo, "Good Morning" is an am ... ...
Cricket Australia (CA) has said that it hopes for changes in the Citizenship Act by next month that will allow leg-spinner Fawad Ahmed to play his first Ashes Test in England. The Pakistan-born spinner will have to wait for applying for a passport until any legislation change takes place in the four sitting weeks of parliamentary session before the election and the cricket series begins, ...
Pakistan cricket team coach Dav Whatmore has backed captain Misbah-ul-Haq's batting skills. PakPassion quoted Whatmore as saying that Misbah has inspired other batsmen with his efforts and performance, although rotation and change in the battiing order is always an open option. Whatmore said that Misbah's enthusiastic zeal has motivated other players to bring the same passion to their ...
Cricket Australia (CA) has announced that the country's top female cricketers will now earn up to 80,000 dollars within a year. The women team has won Women's World Cup and the T20 trophy, prompting CA to consider female cricket as professional, News.com.au reports. CA chief executive James Sutherland compared the women's cricket team to the men's cricket club, saying that the association ...
Australian opener David Warner is expected to plead guilty before a Cricket Australia (CA) hearing via teleconference from India with regard to a series of hostile tweets that he directed at News Limited journalists Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn while playing for the Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Warner could face sanctions ranging from a fine, suspension, reprimand or ...
It will be a do-or-die match for Indian women's football team when they face Chinese Taipei in their next group D match of the AFC Women's Asian Cup (qualifiers) here Wednesday. The Indian team despite giving a good account of themselves against Myanmar in their opening game of the have their backs to wall after a 0-2 reversal. Against Chinese Taipei, who pumped in six goals against hosts ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
First impressions are so important for a hotel guest's stay. Ironically when one thing goes wrong early on inevitably a ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
International Travel NewsInternational Travel News | Whats Happening in International Travel
Breaking news from the world of international travel. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major developments in the travel and tourism industries around the globe. Whether it be stories about hotels, hotel chains, destinations, travel trends, tourism statistics, airlines, restaurants, general hospitality, or cruising, the latest breaking news will be featured here. We also supplment our travel industry news with the latest international headlines and business updates.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including the top travel magazines and Web sites, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require international travel news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of international travel news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the international travel news website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Kashmir's Nageen Lake has got a new look following the construction of a state of the art Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), and due to a cleanliness drive that has attracted tourists and received applause from locals.
The Lakes and Waterways Development Authority (LAWDA) constructed the STP which has a capacity to treat 5.4 million litres of sewage per day.
Saqib, a resident, appreciated the state government's initiative, saying, it would boost tourism in the valley.
" Due to the cleanliness drive, we have seen an influx of the tourists as well; they have started coming in large numbers. Boat owners and locals are also benefited as they get jobs and their business is booming with the arrival of the tourists," said Saqib.
Afaq Rashid, a junior engineer, highlighted the advantages of using this technology over other STP's set up in different areas.
"This is SBR (Sequential Batch Reactor), which is fully automatic. As compared to others, this is a relatively small STP (Sewage Treatment Plant) but this has fully automatic technology, PLC (Program like control). Everything it does will be visible on a computer screen and the capacity of this plant is also different from the others," said Rashid. ...
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Changes in the Marketing of Men’s Underwear
- Bangladeshs Green Radio heralds new era of environment education
- Fire damages timber factory in Delhi
- Lily Cole to recieve honorary doctorate
- Environmental groups oppose $15-million coal shipment plans
- Tornado touched down in Kawartha Lakes Environment Canada confirms
- 41 companies will compete in PBN’s Social Madness challenge
- Public invited to see Kakaako’s transit-oriented development plans
- Honolulu selected for sustainable infrastructure program
- 15th annual Lantern Floating ceremony to be held Monday evening
- High surf advisory extended for south shores
- Andy Flower bans England on Ashes talks
- England opener Nick Compton faces pre-Ashes attack from OZ pacer Siddle
- Broad Anderson will make Ashes difficult for Aussies Ian Botham
- Soldier beheaded in street as two shot in suspected terrorist attack outside Woolwich barracks
- National Briefing | New England Massachusetts Lieutenant Governor to Resign
- Former Las Vegas youth soccer coach sentenced in rape of teen
- Not a good alfalfa farming year for Nevadas Sen. Heller
- Salmonella creates complications hard choices for pregnant Las Vegan
- First wave of summer Wet n Wild ready to welcome crowds
- Congress completes work on Stolen Valor Act
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- April sees Japan trade deficit jump to 879.9bn yen
- Breakthrough research shows Vit C kills drug resistant TB
- UK urged by IMF to bring forward high value spending
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest International Travel News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- Arena International Aviation to train Chinese pilots for Hainan Airlines
- Thawatchai Arunyik named next governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand
- Hanoi considering tourism police to protect tourists from street vendors