Gebremedhen Gebremariam of Ethiopia (3:32.4), who boasts a 3:34.49 personal best. Collins Cheboi (3:32.43), Morroco's AbdalaatiIguider (3:33.29) and Bethwel Birgen (3:33.67) came in third, fourth and fifth respectively. Silas Kiplagat, the world silver medalist over the distance, came in distant sixth in 3:33.85 as former world junior 1,500m silver medalist James Magut (3:35.29) and ...
Thika United . Joel Obwoge scored the opening goal for Chemelil in the 25th minute, but they had to wait until the 70th minute to add the second through Stephen Ocholla. Jesse Were pulled one back for the brewers in the 90th minute, but it was too late to ensure his side pulled at least a draw in the match. In an earlier fixture at the same ...
Puntland was the first to congratulate Madobe and encouraged other communities in south-central Somalia "to establish States in a similar consultative and open process in order to compete the Federal Republic of ...
Somalia 's clan elders have created a new mini-state and elected a Kenyan ally as its leader, a move likely to anger Mogadishu and sour ties between the two neighbouring ...
KEMRI scientists based in Kilifi said that the infective stages targeted by such programmes have limited impact on the community. The Kenya National School-based Deworming programme was launched in 2009 and evaluation reports say it reached over 3.6 ...
Winds: From the SE at 7 MPH
Footloose is a decent movie that arrived at the perfect time. It was released in the early winter of 1984, the same year that MTV fully hit its stride as a cultural institution (by then it reached more than 20 million households), Sony was selling millions o ... ...
Mick Jagger, left, and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform on the kick-off of the band's "50 and Counting" tour at the Staples Center on Friday, May 3, 2013 in Los Angeles. (Photo by Chris ...
MOSCOW May 18 (Itar-Tass) - Minister of Sport Vitaly Mutko said he was hopeful that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) will restore wrestling in the Olympic ...
NHS Direct health advice service referred an extra 120,000 patients to accident and emergency departments in the past year, compared with the final 12 months of the Labour government.The increase in the number of calls to the 0845 service that were considered to require "urgent or emergency" assistance came as staffing levels dropped significantly. More than 1,200 fewer people worked ...
beamed into first place Friday, pushing Tony Stark and his Iron Man suit into the No. 2 spot. The highly-anticipated sci-fi sequel, which opened wide on Wednesday, made an estimated $22.0 million on Friday in 3,868 locations, including 336 IMAX 3D locations, bringing its domestic total to $35.5 million. This was somewhat shy of expectations: The ...
AFC Leopards finally found their winning ways, ending a five-game dry spell in a virtuoso display that silenced soldiers Ulinzi FC in a Kenya Premier League (KPL) match at Mumias Sports ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan
The taxi drove through the center of the building to an arrival station for the Crowne Plaza which is a ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
International Travel NewsInternational Travel News | Whats Happening in International Travel
Breaking news from the world of international travel. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major developments in the travel and tourism industries around the globe. Whether it be stories about hotels, hotel chains, destinations, travel trends, tourism statistics, airlines, restaurants, general hospitality, or cruising, the latest breaking news will be featured here. We also supplment our travel industry news with the latest international headlines and business updates.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including the top travel magazines and Web sites, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require international travel news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of international travel news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the international travel news website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
TOKYO - Japan's All Nippon Airways said Friday a modified Dreamliner had suffered a "minor" setback while conducting a test flight of an aircraft this month, but assured it was not due to overheating of lithium batteries.
All Nippon Airways, the Japanese airline that is the largest operator of Boeing's beleaguered Dreamliner, said an electric distribution panel overheated and blackened during a 787 test flight recently.
The May 4 test flight landed safely, and the cause of the "minor" incident was due to a nut not being properly tightened during maintenance by Boeing workers, Megumi Tezuka of All Nippon Airways said.
The pilot was alerted to the problem when an error light flashed in the cockpit.
A spokesperson for ANA said the airline was not obliged to alert safety regulators about the incident - described as "a minor issue that is also found on other types of aircraft" - but decided to do so anyway on May 4.
A Boeing spokeswoman said: "We are aware of the event, which was resolved quickly as noted by ANA."
"The problem occurred in one particular airplane alone, and we have already fixed the trouble," the spokeswoman said. "We believe the incident will not affect the safety of 787 flights. ...
- Sports Asbel Kiprop rips China
- Sports Chemelil brew champs Tusker as Sofapaka edge Muhoroni
- Lifestyle Mogadishu fights law on federal states
- Lifestyle Kenya walks a tightrope in Somalia as Kismayo gets new leader
- Lifestyle KEMRI study doubts impact of school deworming initiative
- US couple donates land to Argentine park
- Ore. timber country ponders future with fewer logs
- Greenpeace asks Philippinegovernment to halt Bt eggplantex...
- Canada uneasy about oil-sands byproduct accumulation
- Cutting rain forests may undercut hydro output
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Spot-fixing row N.Srinivasan calls the spot-fixers as dirty cricketers
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- Campbell-Brown leads Caribbean contingent in Diamond League
- Atletico end 14-year wait to win Spanish Cup
- Report Car drives into Va. parade crowd
- Crash investigation may restrict train service for days
- Ian OSullivan holds a special concert
- Feds probing Connecticut train crash
- High surf causes damage of boats in West Maui
- Botham confident about Anderson surpassing him as Englands leading Test wicket-taker
- Fergie slams Man City for not so surprising Mancini sacking
- ECB mulling over interviewing players linked to Rajasthan Royals following IPL spot fixing scandal
- Strauss backs big ego Pietersen for successful English Ashes prospects
- Tim Southees late burst gives New Zealand hope against England
- Former Philadelphia cop billed as hero now faces charges
- Majority of possible Powerball combinations purchased
- Maryland man has car devoted to Dolly Parton
- Kansas City museum raising cash to re-create historic Hughes flight
- Probe begins after Connecticut commuter trains crash
- SUV crash survival more likely
- Spanish surplus figures improve
- Letta may abolish unpopular taxes
- Famous New York artists bring huge prices
- Thai phone operators told to lower charges
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest International Travel News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- First Saudi woman reaches Mount Everest summit
- LATAM Airlines to resume Argentina flights later Saturday
- New board to oversee Trinidads Caribbean Airlines
- Luxury Dubai hotel set to close for revamp