A flight from Melbourne to Qatar was diverted to India on Wednesday, in a desperate attempt to save an Irish man on board. The man, Raymond McMorrow, 68, is believed to have had a heart attack on board Qatar Airways flight QR 031 while in transit from Melbourne to Doha, the Qatar capital. The Qatar Airways plane landed without incident at Cochin Airport, in southern India, where an ...
When choosing between two evils, Mae West quipped that she always picked the one she’d never tried before. Had the actress been ovulating at the time, however, a new study suggests she’d ...
THE president of the new Gold Coast and Hinterland Business Alliance believes Mount Tamborine has the edge over Springbrook in the cableway stakes.Bob Janssen said his alliance supported a cableway to the Hinterland and he said Mount Tamborine had the advantage because it already had extensive infrastructure."It has Gallery Walk, a lot of retail stores, other attractions and it is already ...
European Chain Hotels Market Review - April 2013 Total Revenue and Gross Operating Profit growth was achieved throughout Europe from Amsterdam to Warsaw, according to the latest HotStats survey. Amongst the eight cities surveyed this month, the biggest year-on-year profit gains (+76.7%) were experienced in Cologne followed by Dublin (+50.2%), Paris (+20.8%) and Amsterdam (+19.1%). Whilst ...
This year, hotels in Muscat have witnessed the strongest growth in revenue per available room (RevPAR), STR Global said in a statement. Regional instability has caused revenues in the Omani capital's tourism industry to grow by more than 15 per cent in the first four months of 2013, according to data released by STR Global. "Due to various reasons, tourists do not prefer Egypt and ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
Dan in Real Life
The title of Dan in Real Life is drawn from the fictional newspaper column written by Dan Burns (Steve Carell), a widowed father of three precocious daughters. His is one of those advice columns in which struggling people write in to someone they've never met and receive va ... ...
The spacecraft SpaceShipTwo, center, carried by cargo aircraft WhiteKnightTwo, circles over Spaceport America Monday, Oct. 17, 2011 in Upham, N.M. Space-industry watchers expressed concern this week that the emerging space tourism sector is not being candid enough about the safety risks for travellers. (AP Photo/Matt ...
Havana, May 25 (Prensa Latina) The 63 International Billfishing Tournament Ernest Hemingway prints greater attraction to the Cuban tourism industry because it diversify recreational modalities. Besides sports competition, this type of event highlights in the interest of thousands of people in the world who want an active holiday, where fishing is the main attraction. Visitors to this archipelago ...
ADR increases 3.8% to US$110.86 The U.S. hotel industry reported positive results in the three key performance metrics during the week of 12-18 May 2013, according to data from STR. In year-over-year comparisons, occupancy was up 1.3 percent to 66.8 percent, average daily rate rose 3.8 percent to US$110.86 and revenue per available room increased 5.2 percent to US$74.04. Among the Top 25 ...
Officials in Nepal said five missing mountain climbers were likely killed by an avalanche on Mount Kanchenjunga earlier this week. The Nepal tourism ministry said the group went missing while descending the mountain and included climbers from Nepal, Hungary and South Korea. "All our efforts to trace them have failed," Mingma Sherpa, the organizer of the expedition, told the BBC. ...
Men threatened to blow up plane Two arrested after RAF jet is scrambled to escort Pakistan Airlines passenger plane to London Stansted Airport
Two men were arrested on suspicion of endangering an aircraft after a passenger aircraft was escorted through British airspace by fighter jets and redirected to land at Stansted airport in ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
The Plaza, New York City
After a prompt and friendly check-in at The Plaza I was escorted by the bellman to the 15th floor to ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
International Travel NewsInternational Travel News | Whats Happening in International Travel
Breaking news from the world of international travel. This online newspaper has an extended scope, covering all the major developments in the travel and tourism industries around the globe. Whether it be stories about hotels, hotel chains, destinations, travel trends, tourism statistics, airlines, restaurants, general hospitality, or cruising, the latest breaking news will be featured here. We also supplment our travel industry news with the latest international headlines and business updates.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites including the top travel magazines and Web sites, on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require international travel news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of international travel news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the international travel news website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Britain had to scramble fighter jets Friday to escort a Pakistani International Airlines (PIA) plane down to land after it was diverted from Manchester. Later, two people were arrested from aboard the aircraft on suspicion of endangering the flight.
The Royal Air Force Typhoon jets were scrambled to escort the passenger plane, originally heading from Pakistan's Lahore city to Britain's Manchester city.
Police boarded the PIA flight PK709 after it was diverted to Stansted airport, BBC reported.
The two suspects, who are British nationality holder Pakistanis, were arrested after they reportedly had a spat with the cabin crew, reported Geo News.
They had allegedly threatened to bomb the plane with explosives. A panicked stewardess alarmed the pilot, who sent a stress signal to London control tower triggering the security alert, which led to the force-landing of the plane, said PIA sources.
The plane, carrying 297 passengers and 11 crew members, had left Lahore at 09.35 a.m. and was due in at Manchester at 2.00 p.m. (British Standard Time).
The Essex police said the two were aged 30 and 41. But there was no immediate official confirmation of what happened on board.
According to a BBC correspondent, there was a suggestion that there had been threats on board during the flight, involving some sort of weapon or bomb - although this had not been confirmed. ...
- $2.6 mn necklace spirited away at Cannes Film Festival
- US band Hanson debuts MmmHops Beer
- Healthy heart ensures healthy kidney
- Revelers brave cold to fight AIDS at Vienna ball
- Arrested Development Bluth boys
- Britain resists EU bid to set new target on renewable energy
- Chile Pascua-Lama Mine Halted for Environmental Offences
- International Day For Biological Diversity Highlighted By Greenpeace
- Ghana Contribution of Forests to Food Security Needs Attention
- Ethiopian sacred forests sold to Indian tea producer
- BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi says N.Srinivasan should resign
- Former BCCI President I.S.Bindra calls N.Srinivasan arrogant
- N.Srinivasan denies any knowledge of Gurunaths involvement in betting
- Becks dream of owning MLS team put on hold by Man City
- Mourinho couldnt handle high pressure at Madrid Zidane
- Hawaii joins network to improve birth outcomes
- Hawaii bans text messaging while driving
- What Detroit crisis Pension fund trustees hang out in Hawaii
- New seat belt law causes confusion for cab company
- Early Spring 2013 Ushers in Yoga Retreats To Maui Bali and El Salvador
- Report MI5 Tried to Recruit Woolwich Murder Suspect
- New Man U boss Moyes imprints identity by axing Fergies backroom staff
- Exhausted Vettori faces black cloud over Test future after Leeds Test pull out
- Prince William very excited about becoming dad
- Englands Roy Hodgson hails Irelands Giovanni Trapattoni as a legend
- Museum starts night tours of signs from Vegas past
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Wheelchair lift out of Wisconsin promises more access
- As Lake Mead shrinks California uses more than its share of water
- Legislation tasks campus authority with defining designing new UNLV stadium
- Board approves News Corp split into two entities
- China to allow US auditors access to records of Chinese firms
- Croatia looking to oil exploration in Adriatic Sea to revive economy
- Amazon ventures into fan fiction promotion
- China central bank report promises financial sector reforms
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest International Travel News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- New frontiers new risks How safe is space tourism
- Cableway to lift tourism says alliance
- Total Revenue and Profit Growth for European Hoteliers During April 2013
- Middle East instability means tourism growth for Oman